This is the rest week for me. I am stable, some days tired, some days better. Getting to sleep at night is the most challenging time of the day; it takes me about 2 hours to settle in before I really sleep. I still wake up a number of times in the night, though last night only one time. Next week, treatments will start again and the doctor will increase the dosage. I trust the LORD to see me through, as He did, week after week, month after month. The LORD is faithful and He is full of love and compassion.
Today I had to go to the doctor’s clinic to get my Hickman line flushed and the dressing changed. This was done in a jiffy and after leaving the carpark, Paul turned to me and asked if I was able to make a trip the the Changi Beach Park. I know that Changi is really far away and wasn’t very sure of my energy level but I said yes and I am glad we went.
Changi Beach Park is off the coastal road fringing the airport. It took us about half an hour to get there as the traffic was clear, it was early afternoon. We passed the Changi Ferry Point and went to carpark no.6 Changi Beach Park carpark on the right.
Paul took out the wheelchair and I settled into it comfortably. This park is really very different from all other parks I have been to. The walk/cycle path cuts through the wooded area of the coast of Changi. There are fir trees at both sides of the path and it is not a straight path but curves through the trees, very unlike the East Coast Park. As it was a week day, there was hardly anyone around; we had the park almost all to ourselves. It was simply wonderful; the weather was cool and shady as it had rained in the morning. As we took the right, we headed towards the Changi Ferry Point. Paul pushed me for 1.2 km. When we reached the Ferry Point, I stepped out of the wheelchair and walked. It was slow but steady walk and Praise the LORD, I managed to walk 500m, one hand on the walking stick and the other with Paul supporting me in his arm. The rest of the distance I was back in the wheelchair. Soon we were back at the carpark. The markings on the pathway tells us that there a further distance of 2 km to the left of the carpark. It is not a large park but very lovely. We spent an hour there.
After the park we went to the Hakka Yong Tau Foo for lunch, this is one of my favourite food, very simple and healthy. It is located at Changi Road between Telok Kurau and Eunos Ave. We were blessed with a parking lot just in front of the shophouse, a car just pulled out when we came along.
What a wonderful afternoon! Praise the LORD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Li Leng,
Do know that we are praying for you, too. I pray that you will con't to lean upon Him Who alone knows us deep inside.
I treasure the times we had at BKC. Thanks for taking the time to hear me out and showing me your care and concern for my family.
I hope to be able to show my love for you in times of your need as well. Do not hesitate to contact me at 98331669 or read my blog at www.homeschoolblogger.com/foursomejams. Quite a general blog, have yet to update with photos.
Shalom,
Connie & Swee Hock
Post a Comment