I am sorry for not updating regularly and I really should at least say something… it just that some days are good and some bad.
I have started on the increased dose of velcade since last week. So far last Monday and Thursday were OK and on the treatment days and the next I felt tired and crampy with aches at back and front. But this Monday, I felt worse and today I just got the 4th injection. I think it is the cumulative effects of the treatments that affect me. The peripheral neuropathy affected my hands, toes and torso, whatever I touch, feels like sandpaper. My toes are numb. It is very unpleasant because the numbness is always there, well, until I am off the drugs, I hope.
I thank the LORD for giving me strength and courage to go through each day and for going through each treatment. I am especially thankful that I have such a loving and caring husband who tends to my every need. I thank you my dear friends for interceding for me.
According to Monday’s blood test, I am still fighting a viral infection. Do pray that it will clear. My WBC (white blood cell) is rather low at 2, therefore prone to infection.
How would you spend your 39th wedding anniversary? Some may have a big celebration with friends and family or maybe a quiet dinner between the two.
Well, this couple friend of ours chose to do it differently. They spent it with us. Some weeks back, I said that if I am feeling better, we can have a little picnic at the beach where there is no crowd and there is plenty of fresh air. But my condition is such that I don’t know how I will be like tomorrow or next week, therefore it was not possible to plan. I only know my well-being on the morning I wake up. I literally live for the day and I don’t know about tomorrow.
So on the morning of Friday 28th Sep (rest week), I smsed my friend and she replied affirmative and promised to bring a picnic basket. It was only when we met at the beach that we found out it was their 39th wedding anniversary. There was no doubt in their mind that they would rather spend this special day with us than spending it at some dining establishment. I was so touched by their great love for us. We spent the time talking about how our gracious LORD is doing a wonderful work in our church and what He is doing in our lives. It is so wonderful that such a simple fellowship can refresh our souls and gladden our hearts. Indeed the LORD showers His abundant love upon us through precious friends such as them. I know that we have many such friends, like Sussie who cooked a pot of buah keluak because she knows its Paul’s favorite, Irene who came with pumpkin and yam kueh etc.
As the sun set, we left earlier as I was getting tired. Driving off the car park, I could see my friends still sitting at the beach with a great sense of contentment and peace in their heart. Praise the LORD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Lileng
It is so good to hear that you continue to be able to enjoy these special moments. Take care.
Much love
Su-Lyn
Post a Comment