My dear friends,
This has been my rest week. Since my last treatment, my recovery was rather slow. I was in bed most of the time and I needed help to get up and I could not walk to the toilet without being breathless. The commode had to be brought to me. But, by the grace of our loving Heavenly Father who loves me with His everlasting love, I have slowly regained my strength. I learned to stand up slowly, catch my breath and then take small steps with the help of my walking stick.
During this week, the LORD enabled me to make a trip to Mt. E to see the cardiologist on Wednesday and on Friday I could make a trip to Gleneagles to receive some infusions. Those trips took two mornings away – from 9am to 1pm. After which I felt well enough that we could have lunch at Din Tai Fung at Paragon. Wow! That was a real treat for me. To be out in a public restaurant. The noise and the many people did not affect me at all. I was able to sit through and enjoy the food. I thank GOD that though my taste buds have changed, I could still savor the sweet delicious dumplings and the tasty noodles.
Today, after Holy Communion with Eric and Woon Chuan, Paul and I made a trip to Labrador Park. This time I sms Winnie and Lee Yong and informed them that I would be there. Both replied back that they may go there too. We arrived at 4pm, both Winnie and Michael were already there. Winnie was especially happy that she could see me, it has been more than 3 months since we last saw each other. I sat in the wheelchair with Paul pushing me and Winnie holding on to one of my hands. There was gladness in our hearts. Later sister Lee Yong and KY came, she gave me a big hug. I was able to get out of the wheelchair to walk along the promenade. As the sea breeze was quite chilly, Michael went to his car to bring me a wind cheater. We spent about 1 and half hours together. It was a most precious time of fellowship. I am so thankful to the LORD for giving me such moments of joy and happiness.
As my rest week comes to an end, I commit the next two weeks of treatment to the Lord. “I will say of the LORD – He is my refuge and my fortress, my GOD in whom I will trust”.
He is faithful and steadfast and never disappoints. Is 49:23 “Then you will know that I am the LORD, those who hope in me will not be disappointed.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My dear Li Leng,
Have been following up with your blog and was delighted to learn that you were feeling better and able to enjoy a meal out at Din Tai Fung and also spent time at Labrador Park.
Continue to stay strong and trust our unfailing loving Heavenly Father. You have many prayer warriors behind you so remain positive.
Paul's and your faith in the Lord during this trying time have been such comfort and encouragement to me and my family.
My children get to see faith at work and they are drawn to the Lord.
Love,
Trixie
My dear Li Leng,
Have been following up with your blog and was delighted to learn that you were feeling better and able to enjoy a meal out at Din Tai Fung and also spent time at Labrador Park.
Continue to stay strong and trust our unfailing loving Heavenly Father. You have many prayer warriors behind you so remain positive.
Paul's and your faith in the Lord during this trying time have been such comfort and encouragement to me and my family.
My children get to see faith at work and they are drawn to the Lord.
Love,
Trixie
Post a Comment