Thursday, 24 July 2008

News

It has been awhile since I last update and I had hope to bring good news on my medical condition but it not that great AND also not that bad. The M-band is at 8.5, it has been hovering around 8 for the last 2 to 3 months. Dr. Teoh thinks that this is stable but he would like to get it down. The bone density showed improvement on the spine but the reading for the hip is not going the right direction. Dr. Teoh has prescribed zometa for 3 weeks, I have already received the second one today and next week, the third infusion. This should help to prevent bone loss. Weekly, the oral medication Revlimid should also help to control the myeloma. He has recommended going back to treatment with velcade for 2 cycles, probably in mid September after we get another blood test reading in August.

except for the above, I am actually feeling a lot better. I am eating well, able to taste all food. I am sleeping well. It used to be difficult sleeping on my sides...but now, no problem! Still some aches on my back but it is bearable; and some days, no aches at all! I am more energetic and able to stay up for more hours. Generally I have improved and many of you have seen how well I look. So I think I should be strong enough to go through the proposed treatment in September. Just am thankful that I am treatable! Praise the LORD for His provision of good medical care and attentiveness of Dr. Teoh. He has been trying his best to provide the right treatment.

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song." Psalm 28:7

1 comment:

foursomejams said...

Hi Li Leng,

Greetings in the Name of our Lord! I do visit your blog occasionally and praise God for your faith and trust in the Lord.

A dear friend shared with me on Prof Jane Plant's book and her research is rather informative.
http://www.canceractive.com/page.php?n=679
You may want to check it out.

With much love,
Connie