Thursday, 10 July 2008

the Last Lecture

The last couple of nights have not been easy, our sleep pattern has been affected by the time difference since coming back. I woke one early morning, turned on the TV at 5 am and, like it or not, Oprah W's featured on Death. She had invited Randy Pausch to share his views on Death and the already well-viewed Last Lecture given at Carnegie Mellon U last year. I got Paul out of bed too and we both saw the program. Paul had listened to the Last Lecture when it was first out on Youtube....I didn't know about it. Today, I went to Youtube to hear the entire lecture. Very inspiring. Randy has terminal pancreatic cancer and was given 3 to 6 months. At the end of the lecture, he said "this is not for you, it is really for my three children". It is possibly the only way he could share his lifestory, his beliefs with them.

He talked about achieving childhood dreams, facing the walls of difficulties, the rejections, believe in people (there is goodness in people if you wait long enough), work hard (luck is when hard work meet opportunities) etc.

Worth the time of 1+hour ... go and listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

No comments: