It was with much gladness and joy in my heart as I attended the first group bible study after almost one and half year out of action. I am so thankful to be welcomed into a gathering of ladies who love to study the word of GOD. When I was "out of action" it seemed that time passes so slowly and I cannot imagine when I could become better. Look at me now, I am really up and about. This is truly restoration from the gracious hand of our LORD. How to explain such joy? Such is this experience, for a period of time however long or short, when something is taken away from you, it becomes more precious and more meaningful when you get it back again.
Like a man who lost his leg and cannot walk, but when he gets fitted an artificial limb and is able to walk again, he is immensely joyful. One may look at him pitifully but he thinks otherwise, "once I cannot walk but now I can" See how different joy can be.
What did I learn?
The cross was GOD's greatest triumph but is perceived by the disciples as the greatest defeat.
How well do we understand the crucifixion and the resurrection? Are these just facts?
The disciples were taught these facts by Jesus Himself, yet when the time came, none of them believe the resurrection, the empty tomb did not mean a thing to them. Jesus had to teach them all over again what the Scriptures said. He had to show Himself to them and for a period of 40 days gave many convincing proofs that He was alive. And even after He leaves, He promises the Holy Spirit. "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." (Jn14:26)
We too have read, been taught much facts from the Scriptures, do we believe the facts. Only the LORD knows what is needed for each of us to believe and experience Him in a real way.
I have, in a small way, experienced first hand the grace of GOD, the provision of strength day by day, and that He is the Giver of life. Thankfully the Holy Spirit will continue to teach us many things and increase our belief.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment