Tuesday, 10 July 2007

HOPE IN THE LORD

Dear Friends,

I thank God for your prayers on my behalf. I am sleeping well and waking up only once a night to go to the toilet.

For the last few days, I thank God that I was not as fatigued like last week but my cramps at my back and rib cage returned. I have to go back to the anti-spasm medication to help relax the muscle. It means that each time I get out of bed, my muscle tenses up and I find it hard to straighten my body. I now need help to get out of bed and I need support to move. I find it hard to stand straight on my own. This cramping has reduced my mobility and I now need help to go to the toilet. Hopefully, this is a dexa effect and I’ll get back my mobility tomorrow when I resume my dexa. I am taking each day one day at a time and counting on the Lord for physical strength and grace to lift up my spirit. I continue to need your intercession on my behalf.

Yesterday morning, as I sat at the verandah to get some sun, the sky was breezy and it was a beautiful day. In the distance, I spotted an eagle soaring in the sky. It was a grand sight. I called to Paul and he also saw the eagle. As we sat there watching this bird soar effortlessly, it was a magnificent sight. It seemed so content and peaceful – no struggle, no need to flap its wings – it was coasting on the drafts of the wind beneath its wings. I thank God for giving me such a visual reminder of Is 40:31 that “those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.” Indeed, “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” Is 40:29.

No comments: