Thursday, 16 September 2010

A right time, An affirmation

On Sunday, I was asked if I could spend some time to talk someone who has just been diagnosed with lung cancer stage four with metastasis in the brain. To share on how to cope physically, mentally and spiritually. How did I cope with the physical onslaught of radiotherapy, chemo drugs etc.
Monday night, I sat down to list my thoughts- Physical, Mental and Spiritual. When I got to the last part on spiritual, I remembered I wrote in my blog, some 6 months ago, on the webarticle from John Piper - "Don't waste your cancer" The article helped me and I wondered if it would be helpful for this person. What is good for me, may not be good for him, is it the right time to share this. I prayed and asked the Lord.
On Tuesday afternoon, Paul and I have confirmed to visit at 3pm.
In the morning, I went for my weekly Bible Study. After the study, we had fellowship lunch, one of the ladies came to stand next to me. She turned to me and say, "Some time ago I read your blog entry on - Don't waste your cancer- I made a copy of it for my friend.", we talked briefly.....
Wow, quietly, I was stunned. Just at the right time, this is an affirmation, an answer to my prayer to share or not. I am just totally astounded how God works silently in my life and in such astonishing ways. I am truly humbled to know that my God is interested in every little thing that I do, to share this or that, to speak what words. I am grateful for the opportunity to share my life, my journey. I am willing to tell my story of God's faithfulness and goodness to me. I will speak of the peace and hope and joy.
Praise the Lord, O my soul, all my inmost being, praise His holy name.

No comments: