I spent considerable hours to make little gifts to express my thanks to the many friends not because it is the season for giving but rather it is an expression of deep gratitude. I did not spent much time going out to the shops because that would have been too exhausting, so they were really "little" tokens of my affection.
I have also received some very wonderful and thoughtful gifts - a knitting bag, which I immediately used to put some yarns and knitting needles and now I carry it everywhere I go. A devotional classic - this friend knows the kind of books I enjoy reading the writings of these men such as Jonathan Edwards and D. Bonhoeffer - somehow the mind and intellect click together when one share similar interests and inclinations. A 3-D photo frame with photos of our trip to Hokkaido. This is very memorable and I can see the love that goes into putting it together.
No comments:
Post a Comment