Saturday, 17 January 2009

A Happy Reunion



Every year when Hilda comes back from Melbourne, she always make time to meet up with our ex-colleagues. Last year I could not join them but Hilda came to visit me herself and brought to the rest, a card from me to express my thanks for their gift of flowers and well-wishes.

These ladies are very special to me eventhough I left the workforce over 8 years now. It goes to show that genuine friendships are lasting. Except for Hilda and Janice (two on the right), the rest like Evelyn, Florence, Selena and Seow Peng are much younger. I enjoyed working with them tremendously, we were together for many years in Finance and Control except the last two years when I moved to Regional Compliance, there I worked with HQ and country people from Asia Pacific. That was also very interesting in that I got to meet and work with other nationalities. I have always enjoyed my work life.

Though I did not stay through the lunch (I had infusion in the morning), I was very glad to hear that all are well despite still undergoing the merger process. I was even more delighted to hear Janice encouraging two ladies to attend Workplace Alpha. What a beautiful change in J, praise the LORD!

No comments: