Monday, 20 October 2008

A little cross

I am down to 2 more weeks of Dexa, this week and next. And I am doing well with very minor effects. Eating well, sleeping well... your prayers are upholding me...thank you. The LORD is strengthening me day by day.



I have been wearing this lovely little multi-coloured cross on my neck since I received it from one of the children at the last church camp in June. The children put the beads together and string them into necklaces, bracelets and mobile hangers. Every camper received something from the children.

At last FLM meeting, our guest speaker shared that sometimes as tourists we buy ornnaments or trinklets from neighbouring countries steeped in other religions; it is not wise to be wearing or carrying them.

My thoughts go back to this little cross that was made by the hands of our children, I just feel very blessed to wear it, knowing that our children have put their heart into making it and surely their handiwork will bring blessings to whom they have given. Theirs are the hands and fingers to whom the kingdom of heaven belongs. Jesus loves the little children very much, in Matthew 19:14 He said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

For those of you whose ministries and daily work are with children, know that this is a beautiful, heart-satisfying and GOD-honoring work. Let me encourage you to keep serving and blessing the children for this is a work that will please the LORD. Let us tenderly nurture and grow these little ones; bringing them up in godliness and righteousness.

No comments: