Friday, 22 June 2007

Victorious Living for a Myeloma Patient

Medical Update
I thank the Lord that my Hickman has not been giving me any problems so far. And the Doctor is encouraging me to move my arms. Last night, I didn’t sleep(started second course of Dexa) but I am very grateful that I’m sufficiently rested, napping in between the hours.

The Doctor is preparing me to go home tomorrow. I’m a little apprehensive because I am so used to my bed which can move me up and down, going to the bathroom that is right next to me. But I am thankful that I am fit enough to go home.

I will have to come back for my treatments. And doctor warned me that because of my white blood count, I’m still very prone to infection so I have to be very careful. The only trips that I can make is home to hospital and back again. By the end of the 2nd cycle he will do a medical checkpoint. It will only be by the third cycle before I can walk and that means I should be in a wheelchair for quite a long time. One cycle is 3 weeks long. By the end of 6 cycles he suggests a bone marrow biopsy.

My M-Band results will be available by next week(it takes 10 days to have an evaluation). My first M-band was 20.7. The lower the M-Band the better I am responding to treatment.

On the whole, everything is looking up. I will be very happy to be home with all my family members and I’m sure now and then Paul will invite some of you to come and visit me. So, dear friends, I will stay in touch through the blog.

Victorious Living for a Myeloma Patient
Many of you have been sending me encouraging Bible versus either through sms, the blog, and beautiful cards. One thing I do before I retire for the night is to have Paul or one of my children to read these precious words of God. Your words are ministering to me so much that my soul and spirit have been lifted up to glorify God. These are some of the passages you have shared with me.

Passage 1
“On my bed I remember you
I think of you through the watches of the night
Because you are my help
Living in the shadow of your wings
My soul clings to you
Your right hand upholds me.”

I remember the Lord when I lie in bed through the night. I know he is my help and I am sheltered under his comforting wings and he is upholding me all the time.


Passage2
“But now, this what the Lord says-
He who created you, O Jacob,
He who created you, o Israel;
Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name;
You are mine.

When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
And when you pass through the rivers,
They will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
You will not be burned
The flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the LORD ,your God
The holy one of Israel , your savior.”

Isa 43:1-3(Irene Lum)


I am indeed created by Almighty, written on the palm of his hand, he has redeemed my life and called me by name, I am his.
I know that as I pass through this time of trials the rivers will not sweep over and the fire will not burn me, the Lord is my savior.


Passage 3
“The Lord is my light and my salvation-
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life-
Of whom shall I be afraid”

“I am still confident of this
I will see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living
Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and take heart
And wait for the Lord”

Ps27:1,13-14 (Lee Yong)

“And the God of all grace, who called you to the eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.”

1 Peter 5:10(Lee Yong)
My dear sister Lee Yong,

My confidence is in the LORD and truly I have no need to fear and I am not. I will wait for the Lord and I will stay strong. I pray earnestly that he will keep my suffering short so that he can restore me to be strong, firm and steadfast and ultimately a vessel fit for use by the Master.

Thank you for the cute blue bear, it did give me a BIG HUG!

I am sure I will get to see you, Say Kiat and Billie. I miss you dear friends.

Passage 4
“Surely the arm of the Lord is
Not too short to save,
Nor his ear too dull to hear,
But your iniquities have separated
You from your God;
Your sins hidden his face from you,
So that he will not hear”

Isa 59:1 (Li Leng )

I too must share that during this time our merciful God has brought to my mind past acts of sins that I must confess. He has enabled me to reconcile hurt relationships.

You surely do not think that I am perfect and beyond blemish.
That is why our LORD teaches us to pray everyday to seek forgiveness of our sins and learn to ask forgiveness of our sins and learn to ask for forgiveness from those especially from loved ones whom we hurt easily frequently.

Surely the LORD is merciful and compassionate as he works greatly to refine and sanctify me; and that leaves no room for past sins. It is not that the LORD had to afflict me in this way just to correct my past sins. I am certain of this good overall purpose. It is good to be molded by the Master Potter, he may have to break us to refashion us into a beautiful pot!

Job 5:17 “ Blessed is the man who God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty, For he wounds but he also binds up. He injures, but his hands also heal.”

BSF DLs

Dear BSF DLs and Doris,

Thank you so much for the lovely pink and purple collage of words of encouragement, especially verses from the Bible. It is so beautifully done and just the right size that I can carry it in my hands and read it over and over again. Your words are solace and precious balm to me.

Doris, I have been listening to the CDs over and over again, thanks!!

2 comments:

Lilian said...

Dearest Leng,

I am so glad to read your web blog again (it is my daily routine now a day, to follow up your progress). I was worried about the side effect of the Zometa. Thanks to GOD that you are fit enough to go home.
Keep praying for you!

Love,
Lilian

Unknown said...

Dear Li Leng

Willie forwarded me Paul's sms just before I started my bible sharing this morning and we lifted you up in prayers. Please let us know when you are up to seeing us. We would like to come and pray with you and Paul. Do continue to trust God - Psalm 139 tells us that He knows us intimately and we do not need to despair. It has always encouraged me .............

O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to [b] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

Take care. Please be assured of continued prayers for you and Paul and the children.

Julie