Friday, 22 June 2007

Happy Day!

All praise to our Lord GOD Almighty.

After 3 weeks in hospital, I was discharged today. What a happy day for me. Now I can have all my family members with me.

After I received the medications and signed all the paper works, the ambulance came at 12 noon. The ride home was very smooth going. Thanks for praying. I was placed in a “scoop” to bring me up the 2 flights of stairs to my bedroom. A scoop is a two piece aluminum stretcher clicked together to form a carrier. It has a vertical cavity that allows spinal patients to be moved without injuring the back further. This way I was carried up to my room and placed onto my bed without feeling any pain. I praise the LORD and all the thanks to the gentle handling by the ambulance officers.

Yesterday, Paul and Gerald spent much time equipping my bathroom. They installed a grab bar near the toilet seat. They bought a plastic chair for the shower and a wall hanger to hold shampoo and bath soap. I also have a wheel chair and a walking frame. I will be depending on all these to help me move around the home while my back heals. Dr. Menon advised strongly to spend sufficient time in bed and not to allow further injury- maximum of 2 hours upright at a time for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Thank you for all your prayers for me, our good LORD is healing me day by day and I am feeling less pain.


Our Father the Vine Maker (John 15)

The last few weeks as I reflect on how our Almighty Father has been watching over me and surrounding me with his overwhelming love, I recall some 4 years back how Russell excitedly shared with me his thoughts on Bruce Wilkinson’s “Secrets of the Vine”.

As we study the Bible, we learn the many characters of GOD, how he earnestly sought to love his creation and how often they rebelled against him. Oftentimes he had to discipline them, 40 years in the desert etc. Our God is an awesome God. He is to be honored and obeyed.

I am reminded during this time of illness, that he is also my compassionate vine maker. We are branches of the vine, some standing upright, some dragging on the ground and some already lifeless. After the end of a full harvest the vine maker patiently walks around the vines to prune the branches. Sadly for some, he has to cut them away, there is no more life in them. Those he prunes, he makes these strong again, for the next season. For those fallen on the dusty soil and trodden, these, he gently lifts up and washes away all the filth and dirt. He lifts and props them up towards the sun to give them another chance to stay alive.

When Russell shared what he read from this book, he was so glad to see this beautiful kindly and compassionate character of our Almighty Vine Maker.

Throughout my time in the hospital I truly felt and experienced this overwhelming love of God who has showered me with blessing after blessing and grace upon grace. Thank our Almighty God together with me, my dear friends.

Dr Menon came to pray with us

With Melody

Going Home!

Home at last!

1 comment:

Su-Lyn said...

Dear Lileng

It is so wonderful to see you home with your family. Happy day, indeed!

Love
Su-Lyn