Monday, 12 September 2011

medical update


The result of recent bloodtest is encouraging. Firstly, m-band has improved over last three readings and this is on a low drug regiment of Revlimid at 10mg daily for 3 weeks and Dexa at 20mg once a week for 3 weeks and rest for 2 weeks. (i.e. 3 weeks on and 2 weeks off). Secondly, WBC is back to normal range and neutrophils at good level (adequate protection against infections). I think the rest of 2 weeks allows my body to recover and build up its own immunity and of course the added one week of rest means less fatigue. I must say that for the last 2 months, I do feel better and more able. Eventhough I had the flu, it did not make sick for too long, my recovery was quite fast with the help of an early start on Tamiflu.
Another positive contribution could be the addition of vit D.  Previously I only had calcium supplement which included some vit D, but the last 4 months I had additional vit D (Rocaltrol 0.25mcg x2) added to my daily intake of supplements. Counting on getting vit D from sunlight is just not enough, vit D is a very important component for the absorption of calcium for bone repair and also for general wellness i.e. fatigue could be the cause of vit D deficiency.
Blood sugar test HbA1c at 5.5 is also at ideal level despite my being on dexa for quite a long period of time but nevertheless we need to monitor this closely since long term use of steroid is not good. I go for regular eye check-ups and apply eye drops to control the pressure build up caused by dexa. Prolonged high pressure on the eyes can lead to glaucoma.

We are very happy with this month's result. We thank GOD with all our hearts. If I continue and remain at this range, I would be considered stable. Next month I am scheduled for Zometa infusion and annual bone density test (BMD).



                     
130411
180511
220611
180711
060911

cycle 8
cycle 9



M-band g/L
4.63
5.2
5.66
5.03
4.68
IgG
(6.5-16)
9.86
11.6
11.1
10.0
10.6
IgA
(0-7-3.8)
0.87
1.26
1.55
1.22
1.15
IgM
(0.5–2.0)
0.53
0.49
0.571
0.516
0.486
B2M
607-2454
1369
1561
1273
1673
1634
Album
(37 – 51)
41
40
41
40
40
WBC
(4 – 11)
3.64
2.95
2.88
2.13
4.16
ANC Neutr
1.31
1.56
1.296
0.958
2.288
RBC
(3.8 – 5.4)
4.5
4.46
4.48
4.29
4.34
HGB
(11.5 -16)
13.7
13.9
13.7
13.0
13.2
PLT
140 – 460
161
162
247
293
205
ALP Heat Stable
40
45
49
37
59
AST/SGOT
(0-40)
29
33



ALT/SGPT
(3-40)
53
45



Creatinine
(0.4-1.1)
0.68
0.73
0.72
0.84
0.8
Calcium
(8.4-10.4)
8.8
9.68
9.64
9.56
9.48
Vit D3
(18-78)
17.6


29

HbA1c




5.5










1 comment:

Sandy said...

Good news and gratitude for your stable status!