Thursday, 8 April 2010

all's well

All's well with me. Sleeping well and eating well. Good energy for most part of the day. on dexa off-day, I do feel fatigued and achy but once back on dexa, the next day - thursday, which is TODAY, I am all charged up. So maybe that's why I have the impetus to blog on thursday.... Ah, any meeting up with friends is best done post-dexa. Any mental stimulation, reading, writing... works well post-dexa.I actually woke up this morning and thanked GOD for dexa. SO can you imagine what occurs post-dexa days, I am not so thankful, I have to confess.

Paul has been traveling since 1 April, about a week now. But it's not a problem for me. Not at all, I have been very well cared for.On Good Friday, friends were waiting at church entrance to welcome me to sit with them for the service. The choir performed superbly! It was a very worshipful rendition of The Servant King. They deserved a standing ovation, but this is church so that cannot be done. And behind me was sitting an ex-choir member who sang along on the Hallelujah segment, what a beautiful voice she has. At the end of service I turned around to check out who she is... what a lovely surprise.. a member from my care group.
On Sunday, I was again well taken cared of and was brought out to lunch with several friends to a charming, youngish cafe at Serangoon Gardens. This group of young adults in their late twenty has done up the place nicely, the walls of the stairway was studded with lego...so original! Most importantly, the food was good, the specially grilled tenderloin was the most tender I have tried, really super. I tasted a small piece from C. I had ordered pork stew with lots of peas, very healthy and tasty!
Monday was spent with 3 friends to learn a new mentally challenging game involving tiles. I have a long way to go to understand all the strategies. It's better than Soduku, in my opinion, is lonely and individual exercise. I like to be with people. Not too many, a few will do.
Bible study on Tuesday, I drove there myself and with my mask on. Cough and sniffles are plenty around.
On Wednesday, I finally caught up Ir, also a mm patient. We had to postponed earlier cos she came down with a cold. When we are down, we have to stay home to recover. It was a good time to talk about our experiences and to encourage each other on. She looks very well since 2008 when I first saw her after her auto stem cell transplant, the post transplant took a long time for her to get out of, but now she is looking radiant!

Well, the days have been fruitful and well occupied. Today, Paul will be back in the afternoon. He will be surprised with my "active" week! I must show him that I can cope and manage on my own... of course with my devoted friends rallying around me.
THANK GOD for this loving community of believers!

1 comment:

talkingthewalk said...

Hi Li Leng,
am glad to know you are well.

prayerfully,
david