Saturday, 2 January 2010

reflections for the New Year


Paul and I spent some early morning hours on the last day of 2009 at Kent Ridge Park. This little part of the ridge is so beautifully green, cool and breezy. The park has many tall and mature trees and the setting is so tranquil and peaceful. We brought our two camper chairs and settled down to do some reflections and prayers. Our focus was to read and contemplate the book of Ecclesiastes. We each read aloud a chapter alternately.

I will share my reflections and the verse that I feel inclined to guide me through towards 2010.
Eccl.5:20 "He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because GOD keeps him occupied with gladness of heart."
I find this verse to be deeply thoughtful and contemplative of GOD's goodness. Looking ahead for the new year I would like to focus less on myself; instead be more filled and fulfilled with thanksgiving and with gladness of heart. Be looking at the goodness and greatness of GOD in all the works He will be doing around me.
I pray and ask you to pray along with me that the LORD will keep me steadfast and faithful.



No comments: