Sunday, 24 May 2009

Thankfully, well


















It has been 5 weeks since I started on the new treatment with Vidaza. Thankfully, I am well. Let me update you on my status, you must be anxious to know, especially friends who are not here. For 3 Sundays, I stayed home, as the tiredness did come on around weeks 2 and 3.
By the end of week 5, I felt a whole lot better and the muscle aches at back and front of ribs has eased off and I think, this is because I am off Revlimid (daily oral med.) which I took for 3 weeks. The blood test done showed some improvement and we are still waiting for some to go back up to normal. I have 1 more week to rest and recover and then do another blood on 2 June to assess when to start cycle 2.

This treatment with Vidaza may seem rather long drawn and stretches over many weeks and months, so it will not be a quick fix and be done with fast. But Dr. Teoh promised to give me a balance of "good" weeks to rest in between the treatments . Week 5 was good and the start of week 6 has been better. I already feel quite energetic - I have gone back to walk in the parks and last 2 days, I even went cycling !!! (with 2 very dear friends - my friends really come around when I need them) Yeah!! I am looking foward to picking up my tennis racket!!! Is it possible? Yes!!! I am sure you are very happy for me.


When I can get back to do such normal activities in the "good" weeks, it isn't that bad when I have to slow down during weeks after the Vidaza jabs. There is something to look forward to. I am deeply thankful to our LORD for strengthening me. GOD answers our prayers.


Continue to pray that the Vidaza will help the bone marrow to produce normal cells and reduce the dysplasia (MDS) and the myeloma (M-band) stay low so that I would not have to go on Revlimid or Velcade or Dex during this time (multiple medications at the same time is rather hard for the body to take). Pray for protection against infection because I am still immune compromised.

Paul writes: I am simply delighted these two weeks as Li Leng really feels better and was more active throughout the day. When she is well, she prods me on church ministry matters and we get some work done after some discussion. Thanks so much for upholding us in your prayers. We are indeed grateful.

No comments: