The day started with a drive to Simply Bread for our breakfast. As usual I had “Everything”, the full work of turkey, bacon, cheese, tomato, lettuce etc. We nipped into Cold Storage to pick up organic self raising flour (for baking scones in the afternoon). Got home and we stretched out on the sofas in the patio and we started to knit. Since I picked up knitting in December, LM and Ir have also picked the knitting needles. They don’t have as much time as I do but they are progressing well. See photo, don’t we look great. I am sure my sister Lilian is very proud to see this.
It was a really lazy afternoon, we just sat on the comfy sofa and knitted the hours away, stopping at around 3 pm to quick bake some yummy scones for tea; to go with freshly whipped cream and strawberry jam. It is not surprising that I have gained 5 kg since December, well I lost 6kg last year, so at most I have just one more kg to go. At the rate I am eating and the wonderful food my friends bring (especially our dear Helen M), I am afraid I will easily bust my weight. Really, really, I am so thankful that I can eat and taste and enjoy my food. Praise the LORD!
No comments:
Post a Comment