I have been knitting, knitting and knitting. I am so thankful to my sister, Lilian for teaching me how to knit after I completed my radiotherapy in December. Since then I have been able to knit several neck scarves and shawls. I really enjoy doing this because it keeps me active in a productive way. It has been good therapy for my fingers. I have been so enthusiastic about this craft that my friends have been buying and bringing me beautiful yarns. Dear LM came back from Paris with a bagful of exquisite yarns! I am also very happy and joyful to be able to give away the scarves and shawls that I knit.
It was a special privilege for me to give an orange scarf to Deborah-Mae. (see photo: Deborah Mae with scarf, Judith de Silva, accompanies on guitar, Woon Chuan and I), You may remember last October I wrote in my blog, how Deborah’s CDs helped me to sleep etc. Mid of April this year, Deborah-Mae was invited by our Ladies Group to sing at our Easter meeting. It was a really wonderful and precious time of sharing the message of resurrection by our dear sister. I brought along an orange scarf which I had spent 2 weeks knitting. At the start of the meeting I asked Woon Chuan, chairman of the Ladies Group, if it was possible for me to present something to DM as I am really thankful to her for blessing me with her singing. I am so glad to have the opportunity to express my gratitude in this way. Praise the LORD for this sister with this special gift of song.
THANK YOU, DEBORAH-MAE
I am so thankful to you for the songs you sing. I have been so blessed and ministered by your singing. Woon Chuan has shared with you how sick I was and many times I was downcast and disheartened. In such a state it was very difficult to come into the LORD’s presence, the pain and fatigue kept my mind on my physical condition. But your singing has drawn me to fix my eyes on Jesus and to assure me of GOD’s bountiful grace and compassion. It reminded me to “Rejoice in the LORD”, He never moves without purpose or plan and He makes no mistake. It helped me to look at the cross and caused me to bow to the will of the Master. It gave me peace. Many nights I played your CDs to help me sleep and yes, the LORD grants sleep to His beloved. I even brought your CD to play along when I had to undergo MRI which took one and half hour, I was claustrophobic due to a previous painful experience.
Thank you, Deborah-Mae. May the LORD continue to use your singing to draw many people to Himself and many to receive assurance of faith, new abundant life, promise of peace, the love of our heavenly Father for His children and love of the Creator for those who do not know Him. I pray that “our God may count you worthy of His calling, and that by His power He may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith…. And pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.” 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
No comments:
Post a Comment