The LORD has been so gracious and good to me. I have attended Christmas Service, Watchnight Service, Sunday Morning Worship since December. It is wonderful to be in fellowship with God’s people. And I was so delighted to be present at the first Ladies Group meeting on last Wednesday.
The topic takes off from the BKC theme verse of 2008 “No one has ever seen GOD; but if we love one another, GOD lives in us and His love is made complete in us.” 1 John 4:12. Woon Chuan, the chairman of the Ladies Group started the first session with “The extent of GOD’s love”. She gave a visual description of how GOD pours out His love on us – we are like a teapot – we allow GOD to pour His love into our teapot and with an overflowing of this love, it naturally flow out of the spout to reach out to others. By our love for others we will be able to display GOD in us, CHRIST in us. At the open sharing, I took the opportunity to praise and give thanks to GOD for the outpouring of love to me by the many ladies in the Ladies Group and friends in BKC during the last 7 months when I was under treatment for the myeloma. I was really flooded with lots and lots of love through prayers, words of encouragement, sms, e-mails, cards, flowers etc. It is really living out 1 John 4:12 – I cannot see GOD but through the love I receive, GOD is manifested in His body of believers. Like the teapot the love just flowed out so abundantly to me.
During the last 7 months, I couldn’t be an effective “teapot”, though I was receiving a lot of GOD’s love, it was difficult to pour it out to others in the way an able-bodied person can do. Most of the time I laid down in bed with little energy, with pain in the body, sometimes hardly able to open the eyes, little breath to talk etc. Therefore when we are healthy and well, we must use every opportunity to extend love to others. We can use our hands and our feet to do acts of love; our feet walk the distance and speak words of comfort to those in need. As long as GOD gives us breath to live, when we wake up every morning, we must seek to live a GOD-filled life and a LOVE-filled life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment