Wednesday, 7 November 2007

Still steadfast and trusting in the LORD

The recent two weeks treatment of velcade has affected me quite badly. I was very tired and my back muscles ached, numbness of hands and feet also bad. After a night sleep, I wake up and soon I get tired again and the day was spent mostly in bed. Sometimes I could not open my eyes, hence I am not able to write, sms, email etc.
This is the start of the rest week but I have been nauseous and had not been able to keep down my food. My energy level is low because of the vomiting. I have been to doctor and he has suggested that I reduce the dose of revlimid, alternate day instead of daily. I will also be having a velcade break. This is good news for me because velcade causes the most fatigue and aches. The doctors will assess me again on Friday to see if I am able to start with radiotherapy this Monday, 11th for 14 days.

My heart is still steadfast, believing and trusting in the LORD. When I am very tired and fatigued, I find it hard to praise the LORD but I know the LORD understands my weakened frame. I am sad that I am so helpless.

Pray that I can eat and keep my food and be strong during the radiotherapy.
Pray that the radiotherapy will help to reduce the pain in my back.
Pray for minimal side effects from radiotherapy.

No comments: